Chair of the Board of Trustees
Come and join the VAC – Improving Local Lives Team!
Voluntary Action Calderdale (VAC) – Improving Local Lives has provided infrastructure support in Calderdale since 2000 and operated from our own premises in Halifax since 2006.
Over recent years we have increased the breadth of our work to create greater impact and benefit for the voluntary and community sector and the communities they serve. We have delivered a wide a range of successful projects and work with a variety of funders, to support the voluntary and community sector (VCS) in the Boroughs of Calderdale and Kirklees as well as promoting our Quality For Health Award to third sector organisations nationally.
We are in an exciting period of change as an organisation and as our plans to transform our organisational mission, vision and strategy gathers momentum. We want our unique philosophy of ‘improving local lives’ to be the corner stone of all our work, our social impact and achievements over coming years.
Our current chair will stand down after 6 years in April 2019. We are therefore seeking a dynamic, experienced and committed individual to work with our Board of Trustees and the Leadership Team in the pivotal role of Chair. As Chair you will:
- Lead the Board of Trustees and work closely with the CEO providing leadership for VAC and for the Trustee Board.
- Be the visible face of VAC and main ambassador for the Charity.
- Ensure the charity is properly governed and managed with a key focus on maximising the ‘difference that the organisation makes across our sector and the communities we serve.
With a commitment to both diversity and inclusion and the effective practice of volunteering, you will be a driving force to promote and help achieve the vision, mission, values and strategic direction of Voluntary Action Calderdale.
This is an unpaid voluntary position for which proper and reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed. The initial term will be for three years with the potential for renewed for a second term of three years.
If you are a proven strategic leader with a clear alignment with our vision, mission and values then we look forward to hearing from you.
- Closing date for applications: 5pm Monday 18th March 2019.
- Interview date: 27th March 2019 (half day session from midday onwards) at VAC
- Attendance at Board meeting: 28th March 2019 at VAC
For more information about the above please contact the Dipika Kaushal, VAC CEO on 01422 348777/ 07495049457
How to Apply
To apply please send your CV and a supporting statement as to why you are applying for the role and the skills you will bring to the VAC Board (no more than 2 sides of A4) in line with the role description.
For submission of CV and supporting statement please send by email to: Dipika.Kaushal@cvac.org.uk
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Dipika Kaushal (CEO VAC) on 07485049457
Deadline for submission: By 5.00pm Monday 18th March 2019
Should you wish to post your application, please send it to:
Dipika Kaushal – Chief Executive Officer, VAC Resource Centre, Hall Street, HALIFAX HX1 5AY
- CV and supporting statement submitted by closing date – 9am 18th March 2019
- Reviewed by Trustee Recruitment panel
- Successful – proceed to stage 2
- Candidates will be invited to a half day interview process consisting of :
- Tour of the VAC building
- Lunch with opportunity to meet and greet staff and trustees
- 10 minute presentation to stakeholder panel with 20 minutes for Q & A
- Formal interview with the recruitment panel
- Successful – proceed to stage 3
- Successful individual to be invited to Board meeting on 28th March 2019 to observe and be confirmed into role of Chair