Equality and Diversity
Date: Thursday 18th October 2018
Time: 9.00am – 4.30pm
Venue: St John’s Resource Centre, 29 St Johns Road, Huddersfield, HD1 5DX
To Book: Please email email@example.com or call 07495 049459 /01422 348777
All our training sessions are free of charge to individuals (including paid staff, trustees and volunteers) from Kirklees based organisations that are part of the Community Voices programme and/or are signed up for the Quality For Health award.
Our lively one-day training course looks at:
- Key definitions around equality and diversity including equality of process, equality of choice and equality of outcome
- The Equality Act 2010 – the Protected Characteristics. The latest breaking news from the courts and tribunals covering service delivery and employment
- Links to other laws such as the Care Act – brief outline
- The Public-Sector Equality Duty – paying due regard to equality
- Implementing the Duty with EDS2 – an audit framework for your policies and procedures including corporate governance, human resources, access to services, service user involvement AND partners/stakeholders
- Signposting other sources of information and help
Who should attend?
All organisations who are signed up for Quality for Health and Community Voices in Greater Huddersfield must demonstrate a firm commitment to providing services that are compliant in terms of equality and diversity. This session will help you to review and improve your performance for people with characteristics protected by the Equality Act 2010 and align your policies and procedures with the NHS Equality Delivery System (known as EDS2) to help deliver public services.
Quality For Health areas this workshop with help with
- Quality Area 5 – Equality and Diversity
£30 under 10k VCS Calderdale
£50 over 10k VCS Calderdale
£80 VCS outside & statutory bodies