Closing Date for Tender submissions – 16th February 2020
Find out more
Improving local lives
- Equality – Proactively supporting and valuing all individuals and communities
- Quality – Working to the highest standards to provide and promote the best customer experience
- Creativity – Being creative in the development and delivery of all our work
- Sustainability – Securing and developing resources and services for now and the future. Delivering positive results with our partners
- Listening – Recognising that everybody’s voice is valuable
Helping communities to have a say about changes and improvements to local health services.
Local Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCG) need to make sure that plans for local health services are discussed with those who may be affected – and that’s where VAC’s Engagement programmes can help.
Voluntary Action Calderdale currently run two local Engagement Programmes:
- Calderdale – Engagement Champions (in partnership with Calderdale CCG)
- Kirklees – Community Voices (in partnership with Greater Huddersfield CCG).
Engagement Champions and Community Voices give local communities a say when changes to local health services are being considered. It’s a really important role in times of change so that the health services we all receive in the future are shaped by local people’s views.
To find out more about our Engagement programmes in either Calderdale or Kirklees, please click on one of the logos below.
VAC is very proud to own and maintain a fully accessible and DDA compliant Resource Centre in Halifax, Calderdale. We are located a short walk from Halifax Town Centre and 10-15 minutes from both Halifax Bus Station and Halifax Train Station.
We offer a range of flexible rooms for hire located in Halifax, West Yorkshire. Our rooms include a fully equipped, large training room with SMART board and flipchart facilities seating up to 25, two smaller meeting rooms seating up to 12 and a small office with computer facilities suitable for one-to-one meetings or rent-a-desk.
Rooms can be hired for just an hour through to a full day (between the opening hours of 9am – 4.30pm).
Finding VAC – Improving Local Lives
VAC – Improving Local Lives head office is based at the Resource Centre on Hall St, Halifax. It is a quick 5 minute walk from Halifax Town Centre and has pay & display on street parking close by.
If you are struggling to find us, please ring 01422 348777