Our vision is to serve, promote, collaborate and drive strategic developments with and for the sector with you being at the heart of everything we do and strive for.
As a member organisation, VAC is committed to ensuring you gain something positive in return for being a member of our organisation. We are currently reviewing the benefits for member organisations and groups and using your feedback will ensure we continue to evolve membership benefits. In the meantime, we are committed to ensuring all Voluntary & Community Sector (VCS) organisations in the areas we work are signed up to VAC as members.
Improving local lives
- Equality – Proactively supporting and valuing all individuals and communities
- Quality – Working to the highest standards to provide and promote the best customer experience
- Creativity – Being creative in the development and delivery of all our work
- Sustainability – Securing and developing resources and services for now and the future. Delivering positive results with our partners
- Listening – Recognising that everybody’s voice is valuable
VAC runs a number of Projects which have a range of volunteering opportunities available. Our volunteering roles will help you make a real difference for local people across Calderdale.
VAC is very proud to own and maintain a fully accessible and DDA compliant Resource Centre in Halifax, Calderdale. We are located a short walk from Halifax Town Centre and 10-15 minutes from both Halifax Bus Station and Halifax Train Station.
We offer a range of flexible rooms for hire located in Halifax, West Yorkshire. Our rooms include a fully equipped, large training room with SMART board and flipchart facilities seating up to 30, two smaller meeting rooms seating up to 12 and a small office with computer facilities suitable for one-to-one meetings or rent-a-desk.
Rooms can be hired for just an hour through to a full day (between the opening hours of 9am – 4.30pm).
Finding VAC – Improving Local Lives
VAC – Improving Local Lives head office is based at the Resource Centre on Hall St, Halifax. It is a quick 5 minute walk from Halifax Town Centre and has pay & display on street parking close by.
If you are struggling to find us, please ring 01422 348777